Posted by Sarah, 100 Things Project Guru
We would love you to be a part of the 100 Things team on the 14th of August in one of Sydney’s most iconic events – the 2016 City2Surf!
This event is one that often appears on people’s list so why not take the opportunity to tick this item off with other like-minded community members of 100 Things! Together, let’s conquer the 14km course from the city centre to picturesque Bondi Beach.
To make the experience even more fulfilling we are asking each participant to help fundraise for Make-A-Wish; a charity that makes the wishes of children and teenagers battling life-threatening medical conditions come true. For over 30 years, Make-A-Wish has been the only charity in Australia solely focused on granting bespoke, life-changing wishes.
As I’m sure you are aware, one of Seb’s 100 Things items is to raise $100,000 for this charity and we would be thrilled if you could help along the way. So who’s in?!?
There are just a few easy steps to take to register for the 100 Things City2Surf Team:
- Go to the City2Surf website and register at: https://secure.tiktok.biz/register/default.aspx?EventID=city2surf&Edition=2016
Click on the appropriate option for you e.g. ‘Adult’.
- It will come up with a text box asking if you want to join a team.
- Please select ‘Join a Team’ and search for ‘100 Things’.
- The ‘100 Things City2Surf Team’ will come up – select us!
- FYI – we are signed up to the ‘Back of the Pack’ but of course you can choose to choose further up for the race start! Maybe next year we will move up the ranks!
- When asked within the registration process what charity you are running for please select ‘Make-A-Wish’.
- You can then raise money via our EverydayHero Page:
- You can then rally your friends and family to donate via the link below to help spur you on during the big race! Every little bit counts towards making people’s dreams come true!
- Please follow our Facebook event page for further updates @ 100 Things Sydney City2Surf Team
We will send out more information shortly on where to meet pre-race and where we can celebrate after crossing the finish line with a well-deserved beer/champers or two!
For now – make sure you get that fitness training schedule locked in place (another item on my list!) and see if you can get your friends and family involved and participating too.
A big thanks from Seb and I for making a difference and well done for setting goals and ticking them off! We can’t wait to see you all on the 14th August!
Sarah… What’s on your list?